Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

Chrysanthemum Gluten-Free Lemon Cupcakes

For my Glutarded Mother's birthday, I researched some recipes for lemon cupcakes. I found one online, substituted some ingredients, and used a Meringue Buttercream frosting to complete my flowery cakes! The cupcakes turned out to look more like muffins, but tasted absolutely delicious. Before attempting these cupcakes, I had to go to the store to get a few different pastry tips (in order to make the leaves of the flowers, etc.) and I finally decided to buy an ice cream scoop for the batter. I used to doubt the concept of using an ice cream scoop (the kind that scrapes it out), but it worked WONDERS and makes it so each cupcake is the same size....I enthusiastically suggest it to anyone like me who struggles with getting batter in each cup. 


Here is the recipe:
2 Eggs
3/4 Cup of Cane Sugar
1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
1 and 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Melted Butter (salted)
Zest of One Lemon
1/3 Cup of Lemon Juice
2 Cups of White Rice Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Xantham Gum


And of course the best part, the final product!


Gluten-Free Lemon Cupcakes

Yummy!










These bad boys were no easy feat. Katie and I had a few practice rounds in order to make the petals actually stick up. The recipe for the frosting came from Martha Stewart's Cupcake book, however, Martha ain't got shi* on Katie and I!

1 comment: